WordPress CDN Implementation
ACCELERATE YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE WITH MAXCDN!
Focus on Great Content for Your WordPress Site, Let MaxCDN Focus on Performance!
If you created your website with WordPress, you’ll want to see fast loading times for all your content so your users stay engaged and come back for more!
Installing MaxCDN is easy!
We will focus on deploying MaxCDN using the W3-Total Cache plugin. There are three steps to this integration:
WORDPRESS SETUP IN 3 STEPS
Create a pull zone
Install W3 Total Cache
1: Create a pull zoneClick here to see how to create a pullzone.
2: Install W3 Total Cache
1. Login to your WordPress administrative panel, at http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php
2. In the left menu bar, hover your mouse over the “Plugins” entry. From the menu that appears, select the “Add New” option
3. Locate the search box on the “Install Plugins” screen and type “W3 Total Cache,” then click the button labeled “Search Plugins”
4. On the results screen, locate the plugin named “W3 Total Cache.” Under the description column, you will notice that the plugin author is “Frederick Townes." This is the correct plugin
5. Click the “Install Now” button to install the plugin. A prompt will pop-up which asks if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click “OK” to proceed with the installation
6. After the installation is complete, an option to “Activate Plugin” will appear below the installation log. Make sure you click this link before proceeding to the next section
3: Enable MaxCDN and enter pull zone URL
1. Navigate to the left-hand menu and find the option labeled “Performance.” Hover over the menu entry and select “CDN” from the list that pops up
2. Start in the “General” section and choose all website assets you wish to be loaded via MaxCDN. Check or uncheck each box as appropriate
3. Scroll down until you reach the section titled “Configuration”
4. Find the “Specify Account Credentials” label and click the “Authorize” button
5. Copy your Authorization Key from the window that pops up after clicking the “Authorize” option
6. Paste your key into the “Authorization Key” form field
7. Navigate back to the MaxCDN control panel where your Pull Zone information is listed. Find and copy the “CDN URL” for your desired pull zone
8. Go back to your W3 Total Cache CDN settings, locate the field labeled “Replace site’s hostname with:” and paste in your “CDN URL”
9. Click the “Test MaxCDN” button and make sure that the test passes. If it doesn’t pass, check your configuration information and try again.
10. Click the “Save all Settings” button