What We Released in 2015, What’s Coming in 2016
December 28, 2015 | Chris Ueland
2015 was a great year for MaxCDN, and we owe it to our customers. Because of your loyalty to the orange, we’ve been able to continue doing the work we love. This year we were able to exercise our first core value, deploy exciting new features, and innovate for 2016.
The first half of the year, we started out with a bang of deployments. In addition to releasing a redesigned control panel for MaxCDN users and resellers, we also improved DNS lookup times and gave you the ability to make SSL connection times faster.
In case you missed any updates from us in 2015, here are the most important releases we announced:
- Our Core Values (2/24)
- Pseudo Streaming on Pull Zones for Better Video (2/25)
- New MaxCDN Office in Vegas (3/11)
- Improved DNS for Faster Lookup Times (4/16)
- Branded Control Panel for MaxCDN Resellers (4/28)
- New Control Panel for MaxCDN Users (5/8)
- Our New Transparency Page (6/23)
- Faster SSL Connections with OCSP Stapling (7/30)
- Daily Files Reports for Quickly Analyzing File Delivery (10/26)
The second half of the year, we focused on innovating and building for the future. We empowered these efforts with a new vision and mission statement (see below). You’re going to see the results of our team’s forward-thinking attitude in 2016, and they’re going to impact you in a very significant way.
To give you a peek into what’s coming in 2016:
The software and hardware powering a completely new content delivery stack is in place, and we’re going to start rolling customers on to it in 2016. This new stack will improve our network’s level of scalability, performance, and stability.
In addition to improving the quality of our network, we’re also going to increase its size. For 2016 we have an aggressive PoP-building initiative that will further satisfy our customers’ global audiences.
New Vision and Mission
We also created a new vision and mission in 2015.
While our engineering, support, sales, marketing, and finance/legal teams were working hard on 2015 projects, I was meeting with managers to discuss the direction of our company. These meetings led to the creation of a vision and mission that documents why we’re here, what we stand for, and what our customers can expect from us.
To create the best CDN experience possible through interactions that are frictionless, instant, and can happen anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
To save time for tech teams and their customers by leading the industry with our Three T’s:
- Tools: We combine self-healing systems, an intelligent network, real-time analytics, a robust API, and customer-friendly controls to deliver a truly exceptional customer experience.
- Team: We offer friendly and experienced 24/7 proactive support, innovative developers, and service-driven employees who go the last mile to ensure our customer’s success every day.
- Transparency: We have an in-depth analytics platform, real-time status updates of our network and systems, and daily published customer feedback that help deliver trusted data required for critical decision making.
If you have questions about the direction of MaxCDN or what we are building in 2016, feel free to leave a comment below. And to all of our customers: Thank you again for allowing us to do the work we love.