February 18, 2015 | Noe Garcia
According to market estimates, the CDN market will grow to $12.6 billion by 2019, with North America expected to be the largest in terms of revenue contribution. (As of 2014, the CDN market was at $3.71 billion.) What does this have to do with multi-CDNs? Quite simply, the need for quick content delivery is growing.... Read More
February 12, 2015 | Heather Weaver
In a previous post we discussed how 5 backend optimizations could seamlessly improve the performance of your website. While your servers are important, the backend only accounts for about 20% of your website’s total load time. The remaining 80% takes place on the frontend. The frontend refers to the part of the website that gets... Read More
February 10, 2015 | Justin Dorfman
Nginx is a high performance web server, load balancer, and proxy that our CDN network uses to deliver our customers’ content as fast as possible. In the past few years, more high-traffic websites have started using Nginx as their high performance server. Basically, the popularity Apache started losing in 2011 has been picked up by... Read More
February 6, 2015 | Robert Gibb
Over the past year there has been about a 15% increase in page weight, but the average page load time continues to drop. This is for three main reasons: File size means less. How files are delivered means more. The Internet’s core infrastructure is improving (faster browsers, LTE/4G, etc.) There are now more “cheetah-speed” backend... Read More
February 4, 2015 | Stephen Dionne
MaxCDN is proud to present #MaxScale, our new series that takes an in-depth look at how growing tech companies handle scale at the highest levels of bandwidth, storage, analysis and more. In this installment, we chat with BuySellAds founder Todd Garland. BuySellAds is an advertising software and services company based in Boston, MA, founded by... Read More
February 3, 2015 | David Henzel
Following worldwide debates on digital surveillance and fraud, consumers are now savvier about Internet security and cryptographic protocols like SSL. For this reason, delivering content through a secure layer is no longer a nice-to-have for businesses – it’s a must-have. In the past, this really only applied to ecommerce sites, but it’s now becoming truth... Read More
January 27, 2015 | Robert Gibb
When it comes to delivering content, we take website performance seriously. Which is why we created a list of free testing tools that give you targeted insights and full-fledged performance overviews. This list includes a few of the more comprehensive tools (the big daddies), but focuses on the tools that do one thing and do... Read More
January 23, 2015 | Robert Gibb
In our first-ever predictions piece, our team looks at where the CDN industry is headed in 2015. Will traditional CDNs attached to big names start losing merit (and market share)? Will the same premium placed on speed start being placed on security? What will become the standard for CDN support? We’ll answer these questions and... Read More
January 20, 2015 | Robert Gibb
As huge supporters of sharing the love through open source content delivery, we wanted to create a valuable resource dedicated to the best open source CDNs. The CDNs featured in this list are actually used by performance pros and updated by developers. They allow you to offload bandwidth and improve content delivery speed at absolutely... Read More
December 23, 2014 | Max Shubin
Our new point of presence (PoP) in Tel Aviv, Israel, offers tremendous value to all the industries we serve. Now users in Israel and beyond will experience faster load times while consuming content from our customers with the Israel edge enabled. This means more eyes on content, more engagement, and more business opportunities. To understand... Read More
Easily compare features and prices of top CDN providers.
Have a Question?
We're here to help. Call 1-877-629-2361 or chat now with sales or support.
We're here to help right now!^_
Welcome to MaxCDN! Click 'Start Chatting' to get the conversation started.
Get the information some CDN's hide in 100-page service sheets, then compare it.