SocialEngine Now Supports MaxCDN
October 22, 2011 | Taylor Jasko
SocialEngine has been out there for quite some time now, and since its initial release in 2007, it has now emerged into a powerful social networking service with tons of features. And now, in SocialEngine’s latest release that they deemed 4.1.8, the developers over at Webligo added six new and brilliant features! They added all kinds of features from performances updates to integration with several external services:
- New Pages in the Layout Editor – Over 35 pages now available for editing with the layout editor – enhancing the full content management system experience. Read More…
- Google Analytics ID Integration – Track your traffic. Easily integrate Google Analytics tracking code by just inputing your ID.
- Affiliate branding option – Earn back your SocialEngine product fees and more! Join our SocialEngine affiliate program and input your affiliate ID into a field.
- MaxCDN pull or rsync-based implementation of a custom CDN – Speed up your site! We’ve added StaticBaseUrl configuration parameters to allow static resources to be served and hosted by MaxCDN’s pull zone or other CDN/file-hosting services. Read More…
- Viglink – Add an additional revenue source! To help increase our monetization offerings, we’ve partnered with Viglink – where if one of your users clicks through to a product or service and buys something, you earn a commission. Read More…
- Minor performance improvements (more to come!)
The one feature we are very excited about is of course the MaxCDN pull zone support! We worked directly with their team to make sure MaxCDN’s pull zone will work with ease. With full CDN integration with both MaxCDN and all rsync-based CDNs, the SocialEngine script will now be able to perform much faster offloading its content off to a CDN.
We can’t wait to hear on how fast these SocialEngine sites will be able to run with CDN support. If you use SocialEngine, we would love to hear if you plan on integrating your social website with a CDN.
If you would like to view SocialEngine’s post announcing MaxCDN support, feel free to click on the link below: