SSL Acceleration – As easy as it gets!
March 19, 2012 | Taylor JaskoSSL has always been a daunting task to implement for both system administrators and their providers. Typically, when users request SSL certificates, the outcome was difficult to both manage and enable. With our EasySSL set up, all system administrators will be happy and your users will have the sense of security.
New FeaturesWe are very excited to have you use our new custom SSL. Here are some of the many advantages of our new custom SSL:
Instant SetupWe instantly and transparently order a new certificate for you, so you don’t have to worry about certificate management and implementation.
Fast Load TimeHaving more efficiently programmed SSL Cipher allows for fast and secure transfer of data.
Reduce CostsEliminates the need to buy and install SSL-capable server software on every server within the network.
More PowerEasySSL Acceleration offloads the SSL processing to NetDNA’s infrastructure, allowing the origin servers’ CPU computational load to be reduced by 70%.
Custom vs Shared SSLChoose a solution best suited to your needs as we offer two kinds of SSL certificates: one that is hosted on our domain (shared SSL), and the other on your selected CNAME (custom SSL). It can be a bit confusing to compare the benefits of the two. Here is a list of the main differences:
Easy SSL - $24.95 per month
- Google will rank your site higher as images point to your domain
- Very easy to deploy as HTTP and HTTPS are on one domain
- No need to worry about managing your certificates
Shared SSL - FREE
- HTTP and HTTPS on two domains - a bit harder to maintain and rewrite
- No SEO benefits as images are not on your domain
- Easy to enable in control panel
- Completely free
- Our new Custom EasySSL has 1/2 the load time due to a more efficiently programmed SSL Cipher.
- As we offload the intensive task of SSL, this allows your origin servers to scale easier and use less resources.
- We have a completely worry-free setup; we do all the work to get you up and running ASAP!