November 20, 2015
To implement MaxCDN CDN on your website using WP Fastest Cache plugin follow the steps below.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Hover your mouse over “Plugins” and click “Add New.”
- In the “Search” box, type “WP Fastest Cache” and click “Search Plugins.”
- Click “Install Now.” A prompt dialog will open and ask if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click “OK”, then after the plugin is installed, click “Activate Plugin.”
- Configure WP Fastest Cache with the following default settings (please note that the configuration for this part is not tested on all themes and websites so certain websites might need a different configuration).
- Go to CDN tab and click on MaxCDN
- On the following window you can signup for our service or if you already have done it you can click on the button “Next” to go forward with the configuration.
- On this window you will be entering your CDN URL which is provided once the Pull Zone was created. Followed by Origin URL which should match your domain name (Origin URL) that you used on your Pull Zone configuration.
- Now chose which files you want CDN to serve from your website.
- Next window acknowledges your CDN configuration and confirms that CDN is integrated.
- After this steps are completed you should purge the cache in order for settings to be applied. This option can be found on Delete Cache tab.
To ensure you implemented MaxCDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like pingdom, gtmetrix, webpagetest that can give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
If you have any questions about using this plugin effectively, please leave a comment below.