November 12, 2015
This tutorial assumes you have already created a Pull Zone.
- Up-to-date version of Joomla: Joomla 3.4.1 or higher
- PHP 5.3.13 or higher
- PHP mbstring (Multibyte String) functions enabled
- MySQL 5 or higher
For 2.5.6. or Higher
- Download the “CDN For Joomla!” plugin from download page.
- Log into your Joomla Administrator Panel, hover over “Extensions” and click “Extension Manager.” Next to the “Upload Package File” box, click “Browse”, select the downloaded plugin file, and click “Upload & Install.”
- After the installation is complete, go back to “Extensions”, click “Plugin Manager”, then find and click on “System – CDN for Joomla!” Click on it to setup the plugin.
Leave the “Site Root” value alone, type your CDN URL (e.g. http://foo.bar.netdna-cdn.com) into “CDN Domain”, then click “Save & Close.”
- All done! You are now officially using our CDN service.
To ensure you implemented MaxCDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like pingdom, gtmetrix, webpagetest that can give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
The free version of the “CDN For Joomla!” plugin does NOT support HTTPS. If you need HTTPS support, you will need to buy the paid version from nonumber.nl.