March 15, 2016
This tutorial will help you integrate MaxCDN with the ZenCache plugin for WordPress.
This tutorial assumes that you have already created a pull zone.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Hover your mouse over Plugins on the left-hand side menu and click Add New.
- In the Search box, type “zen cache” and click Search Plugins.
- The first option will be “Zen Cache.” In the “Description” box, it will show that the plugin is created by “ZenCache / WebSharks, Inc.” This is the plugin you need to install:
- Log into your WordPress admin panel. Scroll down to the Settings link on the left panel, and click on ZenCache:
- The next step is to click on Enable/Disable menu and click on the Yes, enable ZenCache plugin button:
- After you’ve enabled ZenCache, scroll down and click on the Static CDN Filters menu. Choose Yes, I want CDN filters applied w/ my configuration below from the drop down menu:
- Under the CDN Host Name (Required) section, enter your CDN URL in the text field:
- If you’re using SSL on your web site, enable Yes, I’ve configured my CDN w/ and SSL certificate; I need https:// enabled” option from the drop down menu under the CDN Supports HTTPS Connections section.
- In order to use SSL on MaxCDN, you have to make sure that one of the EdgeSSL solutions are enabled (Shared SSL, Dedicated SSL, etc.)
- After you’ve done that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Save All Changes button.
- This isn’t always necessary, but you can click on the Clear button from the main plugin page to make sure the cached contents of ZenCache are refreshed:
Do not forget to replace “foo.bar.netdna-cdn.com” with your actual CDN URL!
To check you implemented MaxCDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain.
You can also use tools like Pingdom, GTmetrix, and Webpagetest. These give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
If you have any problems or questions about integrating MaxCDN with ZenCache, please leave a comment or start a live chat below.